scottsvb
(Weather Master)
Tue Sep 02 2008 12:43 AM
Re: Concern

Hanna is a threat to northeastern S.C and southeastern N.C., I'm not sold though that it will only brush them. Hanna never got away from the upperlow that is impeded in the mid-layers. She is rotating around it in a weak flow environment. Eventually a ridge will slide in to her east and lift her NNW towards South Carolina. This is supported by almost all the models and I'm close to the GFDL on this. Hanna should be eventually pulled NE across the Outerbanks (or close to it).

Although Ill adjust my forecast later on Tuesday afternoon,I dont see any reason for this to impact Florida outside of swells,rip currents, and possibly a few squalls near the coast. NHC changes their forecast whenever models change. I usually keep a forecast unless I see a good reason to change it. I'm not again sold this will move inland at all though but I would say from near Mrytle Beach-Cape Lookout looks about right. Also again there is a chance it may stay offshore and brush the Outerbanks.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center