LoisCane
(Veteran Storm Chaser)
Tue Sep 02 2008 02:16 PM
Re: Concern

I think she'll survive. The Space Center I heard is already preparing for contingency plans and imagine there is no reason to doubt the NHC track. They have been great all year with slowly developing storms. Fay was progged to
intensify down the road and she did... same with others. So, if they feel she will find her groove I trust them.

Upper level shear only lasts so long and Hanna is over some very warm water and will ride the Gulf Stream once she makes her move which needs to be remembered.

It's a year for late bloomers it seems.

Remember 3 people have died from high surf already this weekend as rip currents are mean and fast off of Florida
from Hanna (attributed to Hanna on the local news) and that surf will pick up no matter where she goes so between
boaters and swimmers and beach erosion this storm has the potential for problems even if she doesn't become more than a Cat 1 or 2.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center