weathernet
(Storm Tracker)
Tue Sep 02 2008 03:05 PM
Re: Concern

Rodney~ Your right on the tendancy for some of the models to be leaning more "westward", or towards the left. I have been anticipating a greater impact on Hanna's structure, as caused by upper shear. Though it did not quite occur yesterday, the mid levels nontheless have been pushing Hanna southward slowly. I had actually strongly considered the possibility of Hanna weakening to a Tropical depression, which may yet occur, and to either continue to be pushed slightly farther to the south. Then, as the lower level BAMS model would more likely indicate, a farther westward motion could ensue due to the motion being more controlled by the lower level flow.

If this were to play out, then we might see a weak, yet still broad structure of a tropical cyclone move more westward to WNW perhaps even close to the N. Cuban coastlne, and "if", and when upper level shear conditions improve by tomm. sometime, then we might see a more NW motion. By this time however, the cone would need be shifted much farther to the south. Remains to be seen, but I see this as a real possiblility. Good news is that this scenario would allow less time for restrengthening before impacting land.

Ike has a good size envolope as well, but I believe that by the 5th day of current forecasts, it will just be nearing the longitude of Hispanola or E. Cuba, and Hanna might just have scooted out and be north of 30N by then. This is when we will have to see how steering will have changed or evolved, as far as whether or not there will be a weakness off the Eastern U.S. coast or not.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center