scottsvb
(Weather Master)
Wed Sep 03 2008 04:09 AM
Re: Concern

Well I been getting alot of PMS about my forecast for Hanna and I really cant see much to change my projection of a brush with squalls and strong rip currents on floridas east coast and a probable hit from north of Charleston S.C.-Cape Lookout N.C. There is even a chance it only hits the southern outbanks and stays off the mainland. The slight east movement today is noted by the Strong upper low in the NW Atlantic with a piece of energy diving down into Cuba. A weak upper low is in the bahamas around 24N and 76W and moving SW. Hanna is stationairy and will move north and northwest as the weak upper level low moves towards the Fla Straits by later Thursday-Friday. As the ridge builds in to Hannas east with the Stronger ULL in the NW Atlantic moving out, she will move N along the edge of the ridge and make that possible landfall. The ridge will become slanted in a NE-SW angle, so Hanna may move more NE if the landfall is further up near Cape Lookout.
Florida chances of a direct hit are slim but not out of the woods cause of 1 main thing. She weakens tonight,and if so, may go with the LLF more WNW. We will see if her pressure rises tonight to over 993mb, and winds come down to 50mph or so. Remember the models are expecting her to be stronger and get pulled north faster cause of it, but if she remains weak, she will move WNW.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center