LoisCane
(Veteran Storm Chaser)
Thu Sep 04 2008 03:28 PM
Re: Concern

Not sure if it's movement or realignment or shape. Hanna looks very subtropical to me. I am sure there is a center in there somewhere but we'll see.

Just read the discussion and they confirm what I am seeing so glad I am not losing my mind.

"very dry air associated with the upper-level low over the
northwestern Bahamas is choking off convection near the core of
Hanna...and the cyclone has a very subtropical appearance."

so... there is more moisture and less of a concentrated wind field ... a lot of hurricane history scenarios go through my mind here..

Was this forecast? Hanna going subtropical faster than expected and if so imagine she may get more to the west of track and that eastern seaboard track may ..note I said *may* be not so far fetched a scenario.

Also... good comment, very possible. Hanna is getting the squeeze play between Ike shoving at her and from the north...

"I still believe that IKE will push HANNA more west then predicted. But I could be wrong. "

Might be a problem, watch the wv carefully for this.. watch the right side of a high being pushed at Hanna from Ike?

http://www.ssd.noaa.gov/goes/flt/t2/loop-wv.html

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center