Lamar-Plant City
(Storm Tracker)
Sat Sep 06 2008 02:49 AM
Re: Current motion

Quote:

I'm still on the fence about putting up the shutters I just purchased in the pouring rain this morning....I"m really leaning towards....just put em' up. What's the worst that can happen? I (we) in SoEFla get spared and I get practice...I'll take it!

I put up the shutters for Charlie and he swung inland missing me....after I hacked my way to my parents partially destroyed house, it didn't bother me a bit that I had put up the shutters for nothing!! I think you have the right idea.....just put them up...time yourself so you know your window in the future and count your blessings if it was a complete waste of time!! If this thing gets to the key and still aimed at us in the cone...and is level 3/4, I will put mine up guaranteed. (I can do it in 2 hours!!!)

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center