scottsvb
(Weather Master)
Sat Sep 06 2008 03:45 AM
Re: Current motion

IKE's impact of anything north of Palm beach looks pretty slim to none right now, but things can change.The ridge is forecasted to be stronger and thats been the assumption by the ECMWF and GFDL, but now the GFS has come along with the UKmet. If this trend continues until Sats 12z run then its impact on Floridas east coast will be gone except the Keys.

Never underestimate the GFDL when a system is developed. Its accuracy rate is very high and was the only model just 24hrs ago that predicted a path near Cuba or into the NW Carribean. I wont make a projected landfall until Saturday. Right now my guess is that there is none in S Florida, except maybe the Keys. I Dont think the west coast of Florida will get much at all except down near Naples. Anyways things can change, but they are changing for a more and more west movement.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center