hurricane expert
(Really Not an Expert)
Sat Sep 06 2008 06:48 AM
Re: Current motion

These model have been moving all over the place from west then shifting back to east. By tomorrow night into sunday we will have a better handle on these models. This track is all going to depend on that trough of low pressure coming from the west. Will it weaken the ridge enough for ike to make a nw turn and then possible ne turn ? thats my first scenario for this storm. Or would the high stay in place and drive ike to the west all the way into the gulf ? thats my second scenario. Here the trough postion where it suppose to be by at least monday http://www.accuweather.com/maps-surface....c&fday=48hr So in a way i do think ike is going to feel a weakening in the high pressure and some one from the panhandle to the west coast of florida is going to get this storm. These are my early predictions. Land fall point still to early to tell

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center