Evan Johnson
(Weather Guru)
Sat Sep 06 2008 12:52 PM
Re: Current motion

exactly, models, and projected paths right now are sloppy at best. as others have said the nhc isnt entirely sure what the heck is going on at this moment. that is displayed by their cone of error. too many people put their trust in that line. and i dont blame you its the national hurricane center. but you know when they are unsure, and you should be as well.

as all of us here (or most of us here) all know being florida residents we must rely on the dreaded "multiple possibility scenario". following weather here is stressful and tenious at best. but we have all been through this drill with long range storms. 3 or 4 factors always come into play and the long range storms are never surefire. we have a frontal boundry here, we have a pressure system there, the cone can be highly unstable, so can the projected path. we should all be used to this by now.

due to the fact the nhc has clearly stated they are not sure of this path. i will continue to worry as if this storm will hit impact anywhere in the cone. too many factors come into play to be making hot shot projections and panicing people more than they already are.

i feel bad for the bahamas, but their hurricane warnings gives us a better idea for storm prep due to 3 hour updates.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center