Storm Hunter
(Veteran Storm Chaser)
Tue Sep 09 2008 09:40 PM
Re: The NHC forecast is only good for 3 day, after 72 hrs a sharp short wave will pick IKE up

Ike did rather well going over cuba twice... the small inner core still together... the surface and mid-upp level centers didn't get misplaced that much...i think that has a lot to do with how big Ike is... which to me is a negative factor now... i think ike will make a run up to Cat 4 and or maybe 5 here in the next day or so... hitting the loop current in hours ahead... i also think now that the storms projected landfall will slowly move east and north with time. Will need some good G-IV data in the models to pick out a landfall point.. There seems to be a good chance that Ike could make landfall as a major Hurricane.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center