hogrunr
(Weather Guru)
Wed Sep 10 2008 06:38 PM
Re: Ike jogging back to the NW?

Quote:

IKE is on a path to near Corpus Christi still. My idea has been from Brownsville-Corpus Christi, and now since its 2.5 days out its time to make it official with the data I see from Models, etc. My forecast is slightly further up from just south of Corpus Christi (near Santa)-Matagorda TX. The ridge over Mexico is having a hard time adjusting eastward and will probably not be strong enough to extend fully with the ridging over the northern gulf coast. This will cause IKE to move more WNW instead of almost due west. Landfall late Friday night or Saturday morning as a Cat 3 is still expected. I'm still 50-50 on Houston getting TS force winds, but they should get gusts over that.

BTW as a joke the GFDL has IKE imbedding with a cold front and strengthening near Lake Erie as a Cat 2... How funny is that. (Feedback problems on IKE)

Sorry I'm a little confused, matagorda is north of corpus...I think you meant to leave out the highlighted part up above? And I agree with your placement, possibly even a little further up, but I don't think it will further south than that.

Just another data point, Ike's current track has his eye following an 86* eddy almost all the way to the coast...that's alot of warm water for him to have access too.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center