EBinTX
(Weather Watcher)
Wed Sep 10 2008 11:25 PM
Re: Ike jogging back to the NW?

Okay, so that means that the actual path may be about 10-20 miles west of my house rather than the 10 miles east that the new forecast track would imply. The straight-line connect-the dots put the track just east of Freeport, which is but about 9 miles from where I am sitting. Galveston would be severely affected being just on the east side of the track. My revised evacuation plan puts me right under the track about 50-55 miles inland.

Again - 36 hours before Rita made landfall the forecast indicated landfall very, very close to that presently forecast for Ike. Twelve hours later it moved 60 miles east to the Bolivar peninsula, and 12 hours after that it moved another 60 miles east. The bottom line is we still don't have a really good feel for exactly where it's going to fall and the TX coast has warnings up nearly all of its length. This is going to be a very, very messy evacuation. Hope CNN and TWC are ready for it.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center