MikeCAdministrator
(Admin)
Tue Jun 22 2010 01:38 AM
Re: East Caribbean Wave (93L) Forecast Lounge

The first GFDL run of 93L is out, and it seems it has initialized it a bit too far north. Most of the models are suspect in this area. I'm sticking to the more westerly motion now. I'm really interested in seeing the REcon on Wednesday, if it stays like this through tomorrow I am sure they will run the mission..

If more models move to the north, especially after recon, you have extremely warm temperatures in the gulf to feed the storm, only relying on shear at other factors to keep development out. The jet still implies further west at the time, but confidence is low.

One way out there suggestion is that it crosses or clips the Yucatan into the Bay of Campeche and drifts north into the Gulf.

There is a real chance too, that if it approached the western Caribbean in good enough condition, that it could intensify somewhat rapidly there.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center