Lamar-Plant City
(Storm Tracker)
Fri Aug 13 2010 02:54 PM
Re: Too soon?

Looking at the Atlantic basin this a.m. on NHC and seeing NO colored areas of ANY kind at this point in the season doesn't give me confidence in those high prediction numbers. There aren't even any really interesting areas either except maybe down near Nicaragua, but it appears headed into Central America. Guess the 'predictors' have missed something about this season to this point. OR maybe they just got caught up in enjoying the media hype that always surrounds predictions of doom and disaster. You would hope that scientists wouldn't become enamored of publicity, but when research funds are hard to come by, a little extra camera time for inflating your numbers to 'scary' levels can't hurt.....or am I being too cynical? I am beginning to wonder if MY predicted numbers might be a tad high.......and they were way on the low end of those predictions here.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center