WesnWylie
(Weather Guru)
Fri Aug 13 2010 04:22 PM
Re: Week of 15 Aug 2010 - New Development

I think by this coming up Monday (or possibly Sunday?) there will be two areas to watch for development. The first is the possible redevelopment of TD 5 as it re-curves back into the Gulf of Mexico. If it does manage to get back into the gulf as the models show, it appears that it would have a limited/hard time to get going due to the proximity to land. Just as I am typing this, the 12z GFS shows the remnants flaring up into a very strong tropical storm or hurricane heading into SE Texas by Wednesday morning, so you never know. The second area that I think will be worth watching is the area in the SW Caribbean. The NAM hints @ development of this area in the next 3 or 4 days along with NOGAPS. This would be another Yucatan-type system if it were to develop. With all this said, I have a feeling that the tropical activity will pick up this next week through the end of August.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center