cieldumort
(Moderator)
Thu Jun 21 2012 11:06 PM
Re: Invest 96L Forecast Lounge

Quote:

Its looking like a MLC is forming off the NE tip of the YP. Its also showing cirrus outflow setting up. If the low pressure center tucks itself under that this could ramp up a little more quickly. It also looks like an Anticyclone is setting up right over it

WeatherNut, I think that mild, ghosting circulation may just be a weak MCV from the ongoing convective blowup over there. Best I can tell (and I can't tell much, because this is not a very well defined Invest, at all) it seems that the weak surface low is indeed now already in the process of tucking itself under a different MLC (which was actually a mid-level remnant of Hurricane Carlotta, first, before getting caught up in the broad trough), and the two look to have moved onshore in tandem.

Now seemingly onshore, in the short term, this synergism looks to be getting further aided and abetted by some more traditional diurnal thunderstorm development over land; however, if this process of combing the incipient LLC with that MLC coupled with deep convection continues, we could very well see #4 develop while just inland, assuming it doesn't drift back offshore any time soon, and develop just offshore.

If this region does not take within 24-48 hours, then I might start looking farther north for a new LLC to become dominant, perhaps an incarnation of the surface eddy currently around 24.5N 89N.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center