LoisCane
(Veteran Storm Chaser)
Thu Jun 21 2012 11:15 PM
Re: Invest 96L Forecast Lounge

Thanks. Incredible discussion here.

The whole system is leaning towards the NE, if this was a developed hurricane I'd take that as a sign of things to come.

Early look of banding and blooming.

My question on the logic of the front fizzling and high pressure filling in to the north vs the front going more stationary and how would high pressure build in? Yes, from the East but I don't see that happening as fast.

The front is strong, not saying the front will fizzle but the front may get further south and pull it further north so that a sharp turn to the West seems not within parameters of what we would expect.

Also worth noting, most NWS discussion shows it going NE over Florida, even a few in Texas but imagine that could change ... I just find that sort of telling in ways.

Great discussion Ciel, have to read it over and over... that's one of the reasons I am here and love it.

Discussion based on hard facts not wishcasting.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center