weathernet
(Storm Tracker)
Fri Jun 22 2012 11:47 AM
Re: Invest 96L Forecast Lounge

Quote:

Where? Not a rhetorical question. The circulation migrated SE overnight and now may be under convection east of the YP. All the model runs will have to re-initialize after the system stablilzes. Also not much northerly drift presently for the main area of convection which has been parked in the channel for a couple of days. Waiting and watching.

Based on satellite, I have to concur that there would seem to be evidence of new LLC developing under the western edge of the convection just east (?) of the Northern tip of Yucatan. Don't think this changes present overall model spread for eventual motion, even though "that" still remains a questionmark. What might change however, is that this possible center being a bit farther east may be tucked a bit more under the upper level ridging. This would seem to aid in this systems development. May still be some lingering near term inflow issues while the larger broad low level swirl in the S. Central Gulf winds down, and am wondering if this is temporarily disrupting the point off Yucatan from becoming vertically stacked. Ongoing bursting of convection however will likely overcome those issues and once this does become a bit more of a vertically stacked system (tonight/tomm. a.m ?), than I think we will start to finally see a short term northward motion ensue.

While I still think that this system will eventually be shunted more westward, if I were in Tampa and points north into the Fla. Panhandle, I would'nt be adding any water to the pool for the next few days ( "Mother Nature" may well drop a few inches in for you!)

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center