danielwAdministrator
(Moderator)
Sun Jun 24 2012 03:13 AM
Re: Debby Forecast Lounge

The models have had a rough time all this week with 96L/ Debby.

The EURO wants to take Debby to Texas. Because she misses the trough and the Texas High steers her toward Texas. High pressure rotates clockwise and Debby will be on the SE Quadrant of the High so she moves west. That's the EURO version.

The GFS on the other hand has Debby being picked up by the trough and moving NE toward Florida.

The Canadian is somewhat in the middle. Toward the Central Gulf Coast. It has varied as far west as just east of Galveston, TX this week. AND it was much stronger than the EURO and GFS models.

I haven't checked the models today... so the above is what has been forecast this week. Yeah, I know. Shame on me. I was a bit more concerned with Where RECON would FIX 96L than I was with where she may go.

Steering currents at this time are rather weak and we could be watching Debby all week in the Northern GOM.

The current watches and warnings suffice for the next 48 hours. At that point the watches and/ or warnings will probably shift to the west. A little at a time.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center