danielwAdministrator
(Moderator)
Sun Jun 24 2012 05:16 PM
Re: Debby Forecast Lounge

I have been alerted to a possible track change in the 12Z models.
The GFS, Canadian and UKMET are now indicating a possible track toward the Florida Big Bend area.
GFS and Canadian are now faster with the movement and that would place Debby ahead of the trough.

Waiting to see what the ECMWF shows in it's 12Z run. (Should be out in a little over two hours.)

My personal opinion is that of Lois'. The major portion of the storm is near or at landfall in the Pensacola / Appalachee Bay area. I'm basing this on storm symmetry and where the CoC would normally be located.

The LLC is still displaced to the west-southwest of the major convection. It had tried to wrap convection at first light but something in the main storm disrupted the process. Most likely an outflow boundary or something similar.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center