LoisCane
(Veteran Storm Chaser)
Mon Jun 25 2012 01:13 PM
Re: Debby Forecast Lounge

Might I suggest that the first signs of the GFS really being on the money might be a deepening of the system as it's convection hits the Atlantic which is what the GFS kept showing over and over. Well, it showed a few things but basically it wrapped up more after it exited South Florida than in the Gulf.

Something we might see play out. Worth looking for... as it will say a lot as to the forecast down the line.

Other than the forecast of her being anchored for days...

http://www.ssd.noaa.gov/goes/east/gmex/flash-avn.html

I'd watch that and the funktop for any signs of that odd part of the forecast playing out. Because, if it does play out I believe the system could slide up along the coast with one model showing it coming very close to the Outer Banks.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center