berrywr
(Weather Analyst)
Wed Jun 27 2012 05:34 PM
Re: Debby Forecast Lounge

I was surprised there wasn't a 2 am intermediate advisory released; that said, I was still up at that time and I couldn't find Debby on IR satellite or radar; I'm betting NHC couldn't find her either and what observations at 2 am were suggesting is either the center reformed farther east or the center split in half; one piece moving SSE towards Tampla; the other continuing to move ENE closer to convection which was over the Atlantic. I looked at the buoy data and there was no help there either. It boiled down to two observation sites; one near Tampa and the other was St. Augustine for lowest pressure. We all thought last night she was moving towards Tampa due to what NHC believed was a gust front...I think a part of her did and dissipated there; the other is where plots had her from the start. One note...a thunderstorm complex is capable of developing vorticity maximums or mesoscale lows...last night NWSFO Miami had to issue wind advisories for their neck of the woods for sustained winds of 25 to 30 mph with gusts to 40 and 45 mph...well removed from Debby...but not gravity wakes which is a subject for another day.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center