berrywr
(Weather Analyst)
Wed Jun 27 2012 05:43 PM
Re: Debby Forecast Lounge

Ron White...we had a high school principal who got himself in trouble for saying "You can't fix, stupid!" He was eventually reinstated after students protested...let me say, welcome to the website...Ed and Mike run this show and their what I call good people. I'm one of the administrators on the Facebook page so you may see my comments on both pages. The problem with Debby is the storm never had a real chance had coming completely together before synoptic (big scale) features had something to say about the future of the storm; worse, we have in the met business something called COLs...and two big upper ridges, one unusually deep trough for the time of year; a rogue upper low in the GOM, a surface front supported by that trough make for interesting forecast challenges. Living in FL you know hurricanes inflict their damage with winds; depressions and tropical storms inflict their damage with copious rain; safe to say a good chunk of N FL and S GA won't be experiencing any droughts any time soon but say hello to some serious humidity as temps soar to near 100 later in the week; again welcome to the site and take care! Bill

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center