Mozart
(Weather Watcher)
Thu Aug 23 2012 12:34 AM
Re: TD#9 Forms East of the Caribbean

I can't decide between the Euro and the GFS on this one. The GFS has been good all year, but all indications I've seen is that Isaac is tracking a little south of that one, which puts the Euro into play. A few factors in play make me think the Euro has a better handle on this one, which should put the Gulf coast on alert. The NHC keeps moving the track westward and the climate conditions seem to favor keeping it down a little longer as it's not building up the strength we keep expecting it to. It's just not organizing like the other models are thinking. That being said, the key seems to be where it goes over Hispaniola. If it doesn't make the turn north, as the Euro says it won't, we could be in for a big one. SST's in the Gulf are ripe for developing a storm. Here's to hoping that nothing is right and Hispaniola and Cuba take all the bite out of this one and it lands as a minor TS that doesn't cause too much damage.

On a side note, I wouldn't mind a little rain here in the upstate of SC, but a few models make me think of TS Jerry in 1995. Flooding was intense and my brother in law received a commendation for jumping into a drainage pipe and rescuing two girls that were sucked down it. He rescued one but the other didn't make it. I don't want a repeat of that here.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center