Joeyfl
(Weather Guru)
Tue Oct 23 2012 11:01 PM
Re: Sandy Forecast Lounge

Sandy looks to be a menace or a downright historic storm possibly for the eastern U.S. Its alarming to me that the European which continue to advertise a significant storm recurving NW into the Northeast next week. After really scratching my head and seeing a track like that is quite rare if at all, but its does have support from the Nogaps,GEM, and GFS ensemble members. Its interaction with the Omega block consisting of a blocking high in the north Atlantic, and a large ocean storm over the central north Atlantic, and a digging negatively tilted upper trough over the Ohio valley will be critical in determining where Sandy goes. But Iam starting to think Sandy may miss her chance out to the northeast like GFS says with it undercutting the block. Time will tell but I would watch this very very closely!

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center