mikethewreck
(Weather Hobbyist)
Wed Jul 10 2013 03:39 PM
Re: 95L (Central Atlantic Wave) Lounge

I've been watching her closely all morning and each time I look at her she looks stronger. Not surprised to see recon still supporting TS status. It looks like the bulk of the circulation may skirt south of Hispaniola but I'm sure the mountains will still affect her somewhat. Chantal has proven to be a resilient storm that I'm sure will be looked at closely after this season is over to try and understand the dynamics that kept her going. There are still future land interactions ahead of her on the forecast track (some high spots in the part of Cuba she is projected to go over) but at her speed it doesn't seem like she is sticking around any one place long enough to get bent out of shape by terrain.

One factor that has concerned me is the ULL in the Bahamas that seems to have been meandering about off the Florida coast for some time. Is it indicative that once Chantal "turns the corner" and slips out from under the ridge that she may stall in the Florida Straits?

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center