cieldumort
(Moderator)
Sun Aug 27 2017 11:44 PM
Re: HARVEY Lounge

Don't want this thread to become an advert for Radar Scope ;-) but I'll toss in a quick few cents. It is my preferred radar app for mobile. I use GRLevel3 for the PC, and often even find Scope to have an edge over that. As an avid storm chaser who has intercepted countless hurricanes, tornadoes and other weather, the Pro Tier 1 version adding in the dual pane option, animated lightning/radar, as well as up to 20 frames of looping, is of tremendous value. I also pay for Pro Tier 2. Money very well spent. However, for any radar novices, or anyone just looking to save a few bucks, keep in mind that the NWS makes a great deal of radar information available freely, including storm totals. (NWS Houston Storm Total Precip Radar). Click 'Storm Total' in the options bar on the left.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center