doug
(Weather Analyst)
Mon Aug 28 2017 02:55 PM
Re: 92L Lounge

if you look back on my posts on 8/22 and 8/23 there were two areas of circulation along the 92L wave...between the 23d and this weekend the one nearest the peninsula and the west coast drew most of the attention. Meanwhile the one to the NE is the one that has met up with the favorable conditions to develop first. The one along the west coast of Florida drew up moisture left behind from Harvey, but has been interdicted by Harvey first and then a trough to its north and not been able to develop a structure. I am still suspicious of this very wet system which has caused dangerous flooding in Manatee and Sarasota Counties these past two days and also drenched Lee and Collier earlier last week. My hope is that as Ten develops it will draw this weather away in the trailing trough that it will pull across Florida and into the ATL in a couple of days. One thing for sure, in terms of tropical development this has been a very interesting week.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center