Colleen A.
(Moderator)
Wed Sep 06 2017 01:51 AM
Re: HUR IRMA Lounge

Quote:

The 8:36 pm EDT tracks have a big shift East.

http://flhurricane.com/modelanimator.php?storm=11&year=2017&title=11

I have to say this: I'm not great at model runs and if this was a Cat 1 I wouldn't be so worried...I live inland. My husband is saying we need to decide whether to leave by tomorrow morning. I can honestly say that I don't know. Do we go to GA? I can only imagine the traffic and I don't want to run out of gas because I know the Keys are evacuating and Miami/Dade will probably be next...if not Ft. Myers/Naples. So I-75 to me is a no-go. We don't have any toll roads, so that's a great thing (although they've already suspended tolls). I guess I'm just looking for advice and I'm not getting much from the news. Do I wait for the next run? Will she run out of steam? Sorry, just venting. I have NO idea what to do. Flying is not an option at this point or I would already be in Chicago - but we have a dog that is sick with cancer and I've looked all over the place for shelters that will take pets but there aren't many options. My son goes to Florida Southern College in Lakeland and they are closing down on Thursday...out of country students *may* get a hotel room; out of state students are pretty much on their own. Thank goodness he only lives 10 minutes away from us. I could be jumping the gun here...so if I am, please feel free to tell me. I just don't know what to do. Ty in advance.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center