JMII
(Weather Master)
Thu Sep 07 2017 12:06 AM
Re: HUR IRMA Lounge

That projected turn to the N is pretty dramatic, I don't think I can ever remember a track forecast like that. Most storms can't stop and change direction on a dime... I would expect a slow gradual turn. For this to verify Irma has to slow down to a crawl, then start moving again at a 90 degree angle. Hopefully we have full radar coverage of this out of Key West because its going to be a Charley like situation where the track could change rapidly within a short time frame - less then the normal 3 hour window of NHC updates.

A little more east of a track will be a BIG difference to S FL if she can just keep her core/eye wall off the coast by about 40-60 miles. Of course that puts our friends in the Bahamas in a much worst situation.

My first floor panels are up. 2nd floor is tomorrow. Along with two other homes I'm assisting. The wife mentioned how familar this felt... we did it almost a year ago with Mathew. It seems we are getting faster at putting up the panels thanks to practice

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center