doug
(Weather Analyst)
Mon Sep 18 2017 03:13 PM
Re: HURRICANE Maria Lounge

Jose must be setting some kind of longevity record by now, and certainly if it is still around next week. Here I am, newly excited by the dropping of the "bonus Storm" hitting the west coast of Florida around the 28th or so because I am going to the mountains on the 29th only to be faced with good ole Jose being kicked ashore about 250 mile SE of where I will be and certain to come on up to the mountains for a visit too. Having experienced Ivan passing through the mountains to my west one year and seeing first hand how that goes, I can say I will be most disappointed to have Jose in the neighbor hood the first few days of October...where is that high latitude trough that is needed to push Jose away?

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center