JMII
(Weather Master)
Fri Sep 23 2022 01:03 PM
Re: 98L Lounge

What was looking like an LA storm is now becoming more and more of a FL storm. Yesterday it was so disorganized I thought it might never gets its act together but this AM its looking more tropical. However it is being pushed hard by the tradewinds and limiting developement - the LLC is lagging way behind all the moisture to the west. A slow turn near Jamaica and clipping Cuba will be key points in its path to determine where in FL it ends up. Some of the models have it very far west to the point where it could be in the Big Bend area despite Port Charlotte being in the cross-hairs at this early stage. A tighter turn puts the Keys into the core. Going to monitor this closely.

Side note: our impact window install just finished last week so I no longer have to worry about putting multiple heavy panels onto a two story home. I'm getting too old for that nonsense.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center