GeorgeN
(Weather Watcher)
Mon Sep 26 2022 11:44 PM
Re: Ian Lounge

Does anyone know why the GFS model has been pulled far off it's Mean value into this new and sudden plot departure? The UKMET has been predicting a more Southern FL landfall all along, but it's concerning to see the GFS pulled from it's previous course like this. Is there something in the UKMET that wasn't factored in, or just bad statistical analysis on the last GFS run? GFS Mean is still showing a panhandle landfall, at least the 1200 UTC shows it. I'm trying to figure out why the GFS has the sudden East, North, West, then East jog. It's like the storm is avoiding a deer in the road. The more I learn, the more I don't understand.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center