Psyber
(Storm Tracker)
Mon Sep 26 2022 11:56 PM
Re: Ian Lounge

Quote:

Quote:

It wasn't supposed to be a hurricane before Cuba in a lot of forecasts two days ago, and now we have an intensifying H2 that doesn't even have a visual eyewall.

Please see the attached graphic from 11pm Saturday clearly forecasting a MAJOR prior to Cuba.

It did say, Major, for almost an entire day, and yet it's not, now is it? I suppose it could have time, but all the people pointing at wind shear are demanding it should slow down. It's not and that's my point. It's also not following the CHC and that was my point too. It's not following a whole lot of forecasts and that's my point too.

Look, my point is that people are able to look at a storm one day in advance and then be fifty percent slower than the forecast? RAW data doesn't work. This is including airplane data, buoy data, information from islands and, ships and satellites and here we are with a storm that barely stepped into an H2 that was supposed to be H3 or higher all day. Certainly, wind shear has affected it, but the original person I replied to seemed to be talking like Cuba was going to wreck the storm "like it always does". This isn't an East-to-West Cuba storm, so I was only saying that Cuba isn't really going to affect this one.

We went on a bit of a trip however, I've said my part (including an apology to do with confusing the current wind shear or the one over Florida later in the week. That's it, that's all, please disperse, there is nothing to see here.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center