IsoFlame
(Weather Analyst)
Wed Sep 28 2022 09:06 PM
Re: Ian Lounge

Quote:

Quote:

Could that be dry air weakening Ian and does that means that the flood risks are diminishing for Volusia County?

Sure looks like it. During its entire run to shore today the SE quad has been dry.

However due to rotation Volusia has a strong onshore flow so for the next 12-18 hours there is still a flooding risk there. Once Ian gets far enough inland the wind will switch to an offshore flow and by then it should be out of juice.

Only measured 1.25" today (so far) on the coast in DBShores. I'll be surprised if we top Mathew"s 8" total.

Based on forecast track with center exiting possibly exiting around NSB or maybe a bit south of there, I believe east central Volusia will be on the southern edge of the heaviest rainfall. I expect areas further a few mile inland (Deltona-Bunnel) and north of me (Flagler Beach, Palm Coast and St. Augustine) may get the 10-12"+ that models advertise. .

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center