Psyber
(Storm Tracker)
Thu Sep 29 2022 05:20 AM
Re: Ian Lounge

Quote:

“When they finish writing the story of this hurricane, it's going to be like nothing we've ever seen before.”

No need to embellish. You apparently haven’t been studying hurricanes for very long. This one isn’t going to be the hurricane of hurricanes! In our not too distant past there was Andrew in ‘92 a Cat 5 when it hit South Florida. Camille of ‘69 also a Cat 5 which hit Mississippi. Going farther back to ‘28 the Lake Okeechobee hurricane which moved the waters of the lake to land. Another Cat 5 the Labor Day storm of ‘35. The Galveston, TX hurricane which killed 5,000 to 8,000 people!

Then we have Katrina of 2005 which turned the three coastal counties of Mississippi into matchsticks! What Camille didn’t take Katrina did! Camille was wind. Katrina was storm surge. You can’t fight water. This current storm Ian doesn’t compare to the storm surge of Katrina. You wrote it was reported Ian caused a storm surge of 18 feet. We’ll wait for the facts. While waiting for the facts know this…the slab lot I purchased in Mississippi (the only things left in all 3 counties) had a storm surge of 32 feet!!

“…it’s going to be like nothing we've ever seen before.” Nothing but hyperbole! Know your facts please before you post!

Look, I understand that you're very emotional and having a difficult time however, being rude and trying to cause problems doesn't help anyone. This is a forecast lounge for people to discuss storms. This isn't a met blog and you are not a met. So please, I encourage you not to say anything if you cannot say anything nice.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center