Kraig
(Weather Hobbyist)
Wed Nov 09 2022 11:15 PM
Re: Nicole Forecast Lounge

They bumped it to Cat 1 Hurricane at 6pm, but I will be really surprised if there is more than 2 verified 75mph sustained wind measurements when it comes ashore in Florida. It looks so ragged in the satellite imagery, I feel like all the staff at the NHC gave it the last lift necessary to get to cat 1 status but we'll see in the analysis. Also in the 6pm, the direction changed from 270 to 275 degrees but that is pretty minor but a change none the less. I also have doubts it'll make Ft Pierce, and suspect it will make Sewall's Point/St Lucie Inlet area just like Frances and Jeanne did.

Just a reminder that the SFWMD Radar page has the official NHC forecast line overlaid so it will become very easy to see if Nicole is on track or to the left or right.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center