CFLBob
(Registered User)
Tue Aug 22 2023 11:42 AM
Re: 99L Lounge

For what it's worth, the links for Gert have never worked for me. My guess is that it may be showing me things related to another Gert some other time and place.

When I click on either the map or the words above it in the "Current Storms" column, the "TD Gert Spotlight (2023)" that comes up has two big blank squares where I'd expect and the two things that do load are comically wrong.

The picture says Water Vapor Loop, has a very strange looking land shown superimposed on the clouds. If I open that the top reads:
Last Checked: 02:01 pm 19-Jan-2023 EDT. Last Updated: 07:11 pm 17-Jan-2023 EDT

Below that, what appears to be model runs, the times are all dated the 17th or 18th, both of which were before Gert even existed, and the geographic area on the map appears to be the far northeastern tip of Canada. That map is dated 18 Jan 01:36 EST.

Whatever automatic links are there appear to be pointing to the wrong place.

It has been this way since Gert was named

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center