IsoFlame
(Weather Analyst)
Tue Oct 08 2024 08:08 AM
Re: Milton Lounge

Recent model clustering landfall a bit south of the Bay area and the 8am advisory that nudged Milton on a track a little south of I-4, with exit near or just south of the Cape, buoys previous hopeful thought that the worst of Milton's expanding northern eye wall will stay just south of Daytona Beach, similar to Mathew's passage 35 miles offshore in 2016.
Still, with the wind field expanding, a weakened Milton, when back over water, will start pulling energy from the warm (82F) Atlantic on Thursday. Now instead of 90 mph gusts over 100 mph, preparing for sustained 65-70 mph, gusts to 85 mph. This is just below the threshold that Matthew established (80/95) for me to panel up my 2-story/19 window house. Will wait for next advisory and better model consensus to make this decision...

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center