JMII
(Weather Master)
Tue Oct 08 2024 01:25 PM
Re: Milton Lounge

Quote:

I think the tug NE is evident in the elongated (versus previously concentric) structure:

Agree he is looking a little squished. Outflow to the NW is being eroded. However at the same time he seems to have consolidated, the eye has cleared again and the core is strong and tight.

Quote:

I live in Sebring so decide I must.

Sebring is likely to see Cat 1 level winds. My parents lived in Sebring and stayed for Charley and Irma. Problem with that area is lots of old growth big trees so expect roads being blocked and extensive power outages. Since its not a major population center nor close to any major interstates its not a priority for relief efforts. After Irma my parents didn't have power for nearly 4 weeks down in Lake Placid. You might be reasonably safe depending on tree situation and home construction but the aftermath will be miserable with no power, water or food. On the current forecast track you'll be 65 miles south of a Cat 2. I would secure your property now and if leaving maybe wait until tomorrow AM. TS winds should start arriving Weds PM, so you want to be clear of the area by then to avoid driving in hazardous conditions.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center