JMII
(Weather Master)
Tue Oct 08 2024 07:05 PM
Re: Milton Lounge

Quote:

My dad is in Cape Coral and I am highly concerned for him.

Cape Coral could flood again like Ian. I'm watching it very closely as I have a property I am considering buying over there. If this S trend continues the wind speed for that area increases. Its currently high end TS, low end Cat 1 so nothing too bad as long as the structure is secure.

Quote:

1) how likely is it that the current track will not turn back north or, better, will even move south?
2) What does the Gale Low mean for this hurricane?
thank you!

1) looking less and less likely, however the cone still covers are large area, approximately 130 miles as the crow flies from the northern edge (Spring Hill) to the southern end (Cape Coral). But the models have been trending south as Milton continues to move further E without out getting far enough N. In fact as this point none of the main models show landfall N of Tampa Bay. And "better" is relative... I want this thing as far N as possible.

2) not much other then steering current effect both, so where one goes the other will follow.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center