disneyfanfl
(Verified CFHC User)
Tue Aug 09 2005 07:40 PM
Re: Joe Bastardi's take

The thing I like about JB, and that I find sort of refreshing, is that he's not afraid to call it like he sees it. He might be wrong (we all could be), but he'll go out on a limb and does his best to provide the data (sometimes too much) to back it up. Even as of this morning at 5am, one of our local "forecasters" basically said in about six seconds that Irene is set to recurve and won't pose a threat to land and that was that. All I've read from the people on here and JB is that this storm is unpredictable and bears watching (not panic, not wishcasting, not overblown projections - just watching).

I agree 100% that the NHC is the official source and I'm going to rely on them, but I hate when our local weather guys just state something as if it was fact. I'd hate to be them and have to turn around over the weekend and say, "Oops, guess where it's going now".

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center