rexlee
(Registered User)
Thu Oct 20 2005 04:09 AM
Would we be at risk?

Me and some loved ones and friends are going down to FL tommorow morning (or might) for a weekend business semindar in the Caribe Royale Orlando Resort in Orlando until Sunday afternoon. My main concern, with Wilma everything should be ok right? There's no danger in going really especially in a hotel with back up power? Also, in regard to our flight back. From my understanding the effects are less inland and in a large hotel there should be nothing to worry about? Also what's the likelyhood of us coming home Sunday evening if our flight is scheduled to leave Sunday late afternoon from Orlando as well?Thanks ahead of time for any input. I can't find any phone numbers to call, I just called the hotel and asked the receptionist who claims she was there for Charlie last year which was a Cat 5 and they were fine ..

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center