Unregistered User
(Unregistered)
Fri Oct 21 2005 10:53 PM
Re: C'mon! Lets hear those landfall predictions!

By looking at your post and your canewatcher handle, your post sounds a lot like wishful thinking to me! The little YIKES! at the end kinda gives that away. Let me be real clear on something...I live on the Mississippi Gulf Coast and like a lot of other people, the excitement when a storm gets in the gulf is well, fun and exciting...but one day, a Katrina is going to come along and you're gonna wonder outdoors when it's all over (if you live through it), and realize that your immediate gulf coast area is all but gone like we did here in Mississippi. If you haven't seen the photos, our homes are gone, our towns are gone, and we can't even recognize our neighborhoods. Many of my neighbors used GPS readings to locate where their homes once stood. Like you, I've enjoyed the excitement of these storms for years, but after Katrina, I never want to see another hurricane again for as long as I live...like I said, when your Katrina blows in one day, your little YIKES! will take on a whole new meaning

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center