Mayor of Moronia
(Verified CFHC User)
Sat Oct 22 2005 12:54 AM
Re: C'mon! Lets hear those landfall predictions!

Katrina Survivor is correct. A friend of mine went through Camille and it made a Kool-Aid Drinking believer of him. Earlier today I was contemplating what effects a direct hit would have around Tampa Bay. If only one of the bridges across the Bay is damaged we're talking major traffic problems. I recall storms that covered US 19 with water from Lake Tarpon. I can easily imagine loose barges plowing thru residential areas because it's happened before around here. Especially in 1921. People inland will drown as rivers and creeks flood. A friend recently sent me a newly discovered letter pertaining to Colonel Hector Braden of Bradenton. When the 1846 hurricane came through Braden was in Hernando County buying mules. After the storm he headed home and drowned in one of the flooded creeks in Pasco County.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center