Unregistered User
(Unregistered)
Sat Oct 22 2005 05:16 PM
Re: C'mon! Lets hear those landfall predictions!

Remains to be seen Cracker Boy. I too am a Florida cracker as well. West coast will not do as badly as New Orleans/LO. I highly doubt she will become a cat 4 when landfall for FL. She may get bigger for a little while off the yucatan but she wont stay that big for long conditions just are not there. I think the most she would be at landfall will be a cat 3 but most likely a cat 2. Even so we saw what Kartrina did as a cat 1 in Marathon and in Key Largo. There will be a lot of flooding in flood zones but not all of Pinellas will be under water. I doubt US 19 in upper part of pinellas (clearwater/Tarpon/Palm Harbor) I do think go a good part of McMullen Booth Rd and East Lake Rd will be under water. Pinellas will be split into, south of Ulmerton Rd to St Pete will become there own Isalnd. Downtown Tampa will be under water tampa bay will emptied into downtown. We need to see what she does when she gets off the yucatan and what the cold front does if it even makes it this far south. I do think landfall for FL will be 6 hours earlier then what they are saying and this could be an impact on where she will make her turn and landfall. I had been thinking Ft Meyers/Naples but gost I just think it is going to be more like Sarasota now as a cat 2 maybe a cat 1. Good Luck all. It really is a waiting game and anyones guess is as the good as the next the experts don't even know for sure. I think by 2pm today or definetly by 11pm today we will have a much better picture.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center