Lysis
(User)
Sat Nov 12 2005 12:56 AM
don't be silly

While, no, you can’t predict any tornado’s occurrence as we don’t really know what causes them in the first place, we DO know the prerequisites required for their formation. Nothing just happens, and if you take the time to stay up with the weather, you shouldn’t be caught by total surprise nearly as often.
For example, if I were living in the Ohio or Tennessee valley right now, I would be a trifle concerned this weekend. Of course, you can’t board up and evaq every little shortwave, but I can’t see why it is so unrealistic to have the flashlights ready or something.

It has nothing to do with what the Squirrels are doing with their nuts… what part of grandma is aching today... or whatever the heck the Farmer’s Almanac says. Just take the time and be in the know, and you will be much better off. I think the answers to most of the world's problems lies in education.

... if that made any sense.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center