Margie
(Senior Storm Chaser)
Wed May 24 2006 07:33 PM
You beat me to it.

Clark, I was just coming here to ask you, ...what in the sam hill? Guess this is FSU's contribution to Hurricane Preparedness Week.

C-squared, I'm sure the timing is deliberate, and I can guess as to who or what is behind it.

What we're referring to is this text that appears when you go to look at the cyclone phase diagrams:

"Notice: Florida State University has mandated effective 24 May 2006 that no real-time weather forecasts relating potentially in any way to hurricanes are to be disseminated by faculty or students at FSU. Consequently, this web page has been shut down UFN. A contact email and phone number to register complaints will be posted here soon."

Nice to know you, Clark. We'll hear from you again after you graduate? Just kidding; actually, I think if you add a disclaimer to all your posts -- say, in your signature -- FSU can't control what you do on your own time.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center