Josh Delsman
(Weather Hobbyist)
Sun Aug 27 2006 09:19 PM
Re: Max Mayfield

Quote:

After just watching Max on tv,I will be preparing tonight and tommorow here in Ft lauderdale.It is going to be to close enough to give us bad weather at best.Remember prepare for the worst,And hope for the best.

I think folks should start to get those preliminary items ready — batteries, flashlights, medicine, some gas in those gas cans for generators, etc. — but I don't think I'd be going wild just yet. Tomorrow will ultimately be the day when the hurricane center will be in a better position to tell people what they should and should not be doing, but those are some things you should have ready from June 30th - Nov. 1st anyway.

Also, I think those of us in SFL shouldn't jump the gun just yet with the evacuations in the Keys taking place. Those folks need to start heading out early just basically because there are two lanes in and out, it gets congested easily, and there are portions of the highway that flood in even 35mph winds. So, if you're in the Keys, now would be the time to get ready to leave if:

1PM - Visitors & Non-Residents
6PM - Special Needs residents
10PM - Everyone in mobile homes

(Source: WSVN-7 5pm Broadcast)

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center