LI Phil
(User)
Tue Jun 15 2004 03:30 PM
Re: Hurricane Prediction

Yeah HF, most of the big ones have spun the fishes. Earlier this year when we were just casually throwing out predictions, I said this was the year for a major US strike. From what I've been reading, those who are predicting a CAT III or higher to hit the US think it will be in the GOM. I sure hope not, because canes in the gulf can rapidly intensify, and there might not be enough evac time (though NHC has gotten much better IMO). Not that I'm wishing a major hit on anyone, at least a long tracking CV (ala Isabel) would give the US plenty of time to prepare for a strike.

We're overdue, and maybe not this year or even next, but someone's gonna get whalloped down the road.

Just my $.02

Cheers,

LI Phil

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center